Guidelines & Policies
Code of Conduct
Membership at the YMCA of Memphis & and Mid-South comes with many benefits and privileges. To ensure the safety of all our members and to maintain our family-friendly environment we do ask that all our members, guests, and staff follow our Code of Conduct.YMCA Code of Conduct prohibits behavior that is considered inappropriate, including:
- Profanity or abusive language
- Theft of property
- Physical contact with other members, guests and staff
- Criminal conduct
- Use of tobacco products on site
- Consumption of illegal drugs or alcohol while at a YMCA event or on YMCA Property
- Being under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol while on YMCA property
The YMCA of Memphis & the Mid-South regularly compares its membership database to the National Registry of Convicted Sex Offenders. It is our policy to terminate the membership of anyone registered as a sex offender.You will find that each of our Y locations has a little something unique to offer. To ensure your best Y experience we encourage you to check out the Member Handbooks or Guidelines below before visiting a different branch as some guidelines or age requirements may vary by facility or program.
It is the goal of the YMCA to provide a safe place for individuals and families to grow and thrive in spirit, mind, and body. The YMCA of Memphis & the Mid-South prohibits the carrying or possession of fire arms, tasers, large knives, or other objects determined to be dangerous on YMCA property or program space by anyone other than public law enforcement officers.
Want to share you Y experience with a friend? Here is what you need to know about our Guest Policy.
Members may bring a guest(s) as follows:
- Guest fee must be paid at the YMCA Welcome Center
- Member must be 18 years of age or older and remain at the YMCA with the guest at all times.
- Members 17 years of age and younger cannot bring guests.
- Member may bring up to 2 guests per visit with fee paid
- Guests may utilize the YMCA a maximum of 2 visits per year
- Guests 16 years of age and older must produce a valid ID and complete a non-member participant waiver
- Guests 15 years of age or younger must complete a non-member participant waiver with an adult member signature.
- 16 years of age and older = $10
- 6 to 15 years of age = $5
- 5 years of age and younger = Free
- Out of Town Guests with valid YMCA Membership = Free (AWAY Members)
Out of Town Guests 18 years and older with an out of town driver’s license (address outside 50 mile radius of the YMCA) are welcome at the YMCA by completing a non-member participant waiver and paying a fee.
- Out of town guests under 18 may not use the YMCA without an adult guardian.
- Out of town guests with youth ages under 18 must remain at the YMCA with the youth at all times and provide their signature to the non-member participant waiver. Guest fee required.
During peak seasons some locations may limit guest visits or area usage for the benefit of our members. Please check with your local Y to verify their guest allowances.