Before and Afterschool
The YMCA at Schilling Farms offers on-site before and/or afterschool programs in the area’s elementary schools.
For Billing Questions: Lori Franklin, Childcare Services Billing Coordinator (O) 901-505-0961 (E) firstname.lastname@example.org
For General Child Care Questions: Becky Kelly, Childcare Services Administrator (O) 901-505-0959 (E) email@example.com
When school is out, the Y is in! Holiday camps are offered at the Y on scheduled school holidays. Camp dates for the 2015-2016 school year are:
- Spring Break: March 21-25
About YMCA Before and After School Care Programs
Our Mission… to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Our Vision… to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities.
Our Values… building character through the promotion of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility.
- To have fun!
- To build character by stressing our four character values: caring, respect, honesty and responsibility
- To help children develop self-awareness, confidence and feelings of self-worth
- To provide opportunities for children to learn new skills
- To enable children to develop their own minds and unique perspectives through programming that encourages imagination, creativity and expression
- To encourage the development of life skills such as self-control, cooperative attitudes, communication skills and conflict resolution
- To strengthen families by providing peace of mind while their children are in our care
Before and Afterschool Care Programs Site/Staff Information
Our sites are licensed child care centers through the Department of Human Services. We undergo a yearly intensive review and unannounced inspections and meet or exceed all DHS licensing requirements.
The quality and effectiveness of our program is directly related to the skills and personal characteristics of our staff. Our staff members are at least 18 years old and have prior experience working with children. The staff is selected for personal qualities of warmth, empathy and ability to relate positively to children. They participate in ongoing training in the care of school-age children. We conduct criminal background reports, central registry checks, pre-employment and random drug testing and motor vehicle report checks on all of our employees. At least one person at each site is First Aid and CPR certified. Rest assured that your children are in good hands while they are in our program.