Youth and Government™
Youth and Government™ creates the next generation of informed, active citizens
The YMCA Youth and Government™ program is a civic engagement and leadership development program for high school and middle school students across the state. The Tennessee YAG program is the second largest in the country with more than 4,700 participants. The mission of the Youth and Government™ program is to help create the next generation of informed, active citizens. We do this through a series of programs and conferences and experiential education opportunities, including Model United Nations, Youth Legislature and Conference on National Affairs.
Youth and Government™ programs develop and promote:
- Personal growth and life-long responsible citizenship
- An understanding of local, state, national and international concerns
- Research, study and debate on public issues under the rules of parliamentary procedure
- Exploration of careers in public service
- An understanding of political systems and the forum provided for the free exchange of ideas and the value of an open mind
- Appreciation for the diversity of viewpoints and respect for the ideas, beliefs and positions of others
See if your school participates in this exciting and enriching program.For participation, volunteer opportunities or sponsorship, please contact Kelley Clack, Youth and Government™ Director, at 901.359.3547 or email@example.com.
Donate to the YMCA to support our programs such as Youth and Government™.
Volunteer opportunities with the Youth In Government program
The Youth and Government™ program needs attorneys or judges to help with lawyer and justice components of program. Volunteers meet with YAG lawyer teams to give them presentation tips and assist them with their case. If you’re willing to share your expertise in support of this, please contact Kelley Clack, Youth and Government Director, at 901.359.3547 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelley Clack – Youth and Government Director
Phone: (901) 359-3547