As a not-for-profit organization, the YMCA appreciates the generosity of volunteers who support our programs.
In addition, we recognize that our communities contain many people whose expertise could enrich and benefit our programs. Consider sharing your time with the YMCA, or making a donation.
Youth And Government™
Program Description: The Youth And Government™ (YAG) program provides high school students a unique hands-on experience with international, national and state issues. Students can participate in several statewide and local conferences hosted by the Tennessee YMCA.
- Attorneys or judges help with lawyer and justice components of program. Volunteers meet with YAG lawyer teams to give them presentation tips and assist them with their case.
Contact: Kelley Clack, Youth And Government™ Director
Y-CAP (YMCA Community Action Program)
Program Description: This program redirects youth behavior by teaching values and rebuilding families. Y-CAP targets youth 10–15 years old. The program includes the entire family and teaches specific family values including honesty, respect, caring and responsibility.
- Family Night Event speakers with experience in family therapy or a related field.
- Donate food for a Family Night Event.
- Tutors help youth with their homework. No prior experience is necessary; we will train you.
Multicultural & Teen Achievers
Program Description: To help teens of color set and pursue high educational and career goals resulting in high school graduation and acceptance into and graduation from an institution of higher learning, and successful entry into a career of their choosing.
- Career Cluster Mentors speak to teenagers about your career choices and your profession to encourage youth to finish high school and attend college. Time commitment:One Saturday from 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. No prior experience is necessary.
- Tutors help youth with their homework. No prior experience is necessary; we will train you. This position requires a drug test and a background check. Time commitment: Health Innovations YMCA–Tuesday and Thursday 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Davis YMCA–Monday through Thursday 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- English As A Second Language Tutors help youth and adults acquire English skills. No prior experience is necessary; we will train you. This position requires a drug test and a background check. Time commitment: Health Innovations YMCA–Tuesday and/or Thursday 6 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Contact: Multicultural Achievers—Alicia Ortiz Buckner, Multicultural Achievers Director